On behalf of the St. Clair County Industrial Development Board, the St. Clair County Economic Development Council (the “EDC”) is interested in finding an individual that will lead the outdoor tourism efforts in St. Clair County, Alabama. This position will have tremendous growth potential as the tourism flourishes in our fastgrowing community.
• Good Communicator
• Comfortable Working Outdoors
• Graphic Design Experience
• Photography Experience
• Resident of St. Clair County
• Comfortable Working in Teams
• Multiple Media Platform Experience
• Able to Work with a Diverse Community
• Catalog community tourism assets
• Create and maintain a county-wide calendar of events
• Create and maintain multiple social media platforms
• Coordinate with elected officials on identifying local areas of interest or community events
• Coordinate with local chambers of commerce on identifying local areas of interest or community events
• Coordinate the creation and maintenance of a county tourism website • Assist in the creation of tourism event marketing materials
• Promote honors and awards from throughout the county including educational honors
• Assist in the creation of marketing brochures for targeted “economic development” sites throughout the county
• Track hotel occupancy rates for program effectiveness
• Assist in creating and promoting a tourism brand for St. Clair County
• Assist in maintaining EDC website
• Assist in the recruitment of industrial and retail projects
• Attend seminars and conferences to obtain current best practices in the industry
• All other assign duties by a supervisor including but not limited to the Executive Director of the EDC.
The physical requirements of the position are considered “light” to “moderate” with the employee being required to perform his/her functions both in an office environment and outdoors in a variety of weather environments. Some lifting, bending, standing, sitting and driving for extended periods of time will be required. If necessary, reasonable accommodations will be made to allow the employee to perform the essential functions of the job.
High School Diploma or GED Driver’s License
If interested, please send your resume to Don Smith at email@example.com or call 205-814-1440 if you have any additional questions.