Shoals Chamber of Commerce, President
The President will focus on executive leadership in all aspects of the Shoals Chamber of Commerce. The chosen candidate will collaborate with the Board of Directors to oversee and orchestrate the Chamber’s major initiatives for regional growth, involvement of key business leaders in the priority issues of the region, promotion of the Shoals region as a leader in business success and economic development, recruiting and retention of young talent to the region, encouragement of minority business success and expansion, community outreach, building and advancing a positive differentiating community image, and more, while coordinating the efforts of a willing, professionally prepared staff and committed volunteer group. With backing by solid financial resources and broad support from local government entities, the business community, and an energetic Board, the Shoals Chamber of Commerce and the region it serves are poised for even more vibrant growth and expansion.
- Career track of progressive, documentable accomplishments in increasingly complex operations/ administrative/executive leadership roles in a Chamber of Commerce, economic development organization or similar enterprise. Experience earned in a not for profit environment not required but will be considered a plus. A proven business professional with record of established successful executive leadership of a major organization, or an outstanding leader with record of accomplishments in public service will be given full consideration.
- Business acumen, experience and success. Demonstrated record as a catalyst for business progress, innovation and advancement.
- Skilled in identifying opportunities and creating strategies, with proven ability to initiate, nurture and develop ongoing productive relationships and to craft win-win outcomes in knitting together appropriate stakeholders.
- Ability to foster cooperation and collaboration among area municipalities and energize constituents toward optimal involvement in Chamber activities and opportunities.
- Working knowledge of public policy. Ability to maintain an ever-present voice in local, regional, county and statewide affairs, as well as a consistent, effective business voice in Washington for the advancement of the region’s infrastructure.
- Well-versed in best practices of effective, marquee Chambers nationally who are successfully advancing their communities.
- Global perspective, with ability to identify opportunities that can translate into opportunities for the region’s member businesses and organizations.
- Track record for being politically aware and astute, yet remain apolitical.
- Documentable accomplishments at identifying and advancing opportunities for economic development and attracting industries to the region.
- Proven ability and acuity to assess operations, financials, and personnel as well as competence to coordinate efforts of a willing team of professionals and volunteers.
- Documented skill at leading and managing committees, gleaning best ideas and practices from committee meetings, and implementing into action plans, with follow through management skill to ensure desired outcomes based on organizational objectives.
- Financial acumen and financial management skills to formulate budgets and to collect, monitor, and interpret internal and external data.
- Track record of successfully facilitating and nurturing effective communications in keeping key stakeholders apprised of financial and operational status.
- Marketing savvy, business acumen, and creativity, and background and skills to work collaboratively with marketing consultants and staff to enhance public awareness.
- Skilled at leveraging all forms of media from print to internet, with experience at targeting and orchestrating media venues to gain attention and develop interest in the Shoals Chamber’s events as well as day to day activities, to ensure consistent positive press and public relations.
To advance your interest, forward your resume and biography to:
For more information or to discuss this position, contact:
Mabry Smith III, President & Managing Partner
Lisa Hart, Senior Search Associate
(205) 870-1550 ext. 112