Status: Full time
Salary: Pay is commensurate with experience and qualifications Reports to: Chamber Board Chairman, Chamber Board of Directors
The President of the Greater Limestone County Chamber of Commerce shall oversee effective and efficient day-to-day operations of the Chamber and will guide by policies set by the Board of Directors. The President shall be responsible for program initiatives, membership recruitment, development and retention, provide direction and supervision of Chamber employees, and financial management. The President will be responsible for collaboration and partnerships with many community entities including but not limited to the City of Athens, Limestone County Commission, Limestone County Economic Development Association, Limestone County Tourism Association, local Superintendents and educators at all levels, elected officials on the local, state and federal level, and regional government entities and Chambers of Commerce. The President shall be responsible for achieving the mission of the Chamber of Commerce to advance economic growth, prosperity and quality of life by supporting business, industry, agriculture, tourism, community service organizations and promoting the opportunity for quality, balanced growth in Athens and Limestone County.
Responsibilities of the President include but are not limited to the following:
- Planning and implementing programs that will improve the economic climate of Athens and Limestone County
- Providing leadership to Chamber committees and volunteers in development and implementation of programs.
- Manage, motivate, and direct the Chamber staff, provide leadership for the staff in planning and execution of the Chamber policies, programs, events, and initiatives.
- Working with business and government leadership to increase the promotion and awareness of the Athens and Limestone County area
- Acts as the primary spokesperson for the organization and represents the Board and membership in this capacity. This includes but is not limited to public relations and public speaking.
- Working with government, educational institutions, business leaders and industry leaders at all levels to enhance the development of our existing and future workforce
- Maintaining a center of information regarding the Chamber and the Athens and Limestone County community, this includes but is not limited to Chamber and community information publications, website, social media, and other virtual and printed material.
- Promoting tourism throughout the Limestone County area
- Attracting and retaining new members to maintain a strong membership base and an effectiveorganization
- Building and expanding member relationships
- Responsible for managing and maintaining the Chamber budget and financial position
- Oversee Chamber fundraising activities including implementing the Total ResourceSponsorship Campaign.
- Due to the nature of the position, some early mornings and late afternoons are required.
- Other duties as assigned by the Chamber Board of DirectorsJob Specifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent work experience (Chamber or non-profit management experience is highly preferred)
- 5 years’ experience as a dynamic and proven successful leader
- Excellent communication skills including oral, written and listening skills, public speaking inlarge and small groups, and representing the Chamber in both print and broadcast interviews.
- Ability to create strategic public/private partnerships, including partnerships with a widerange of constituencies and influencers including business leaders, entrepreneurs, investors,elected officials and the media.
- Proficiency in the use of technology including but not limited to social media, virtual meetingplatforms, and website management.How to Apply:
• Qualified applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org