President/CEO Limestone County Economic Development Association
Athens, Limestone County, Alabama
Apply By: September 30, 2018
To apply, email resume and salary requirements to apply@LCEDA.com
Summary of Position:
The President/CEO reports to the (LCEDA) Board. The overall responsibilities of the President of the LCEDA are threefold: 1) to recruit new industry and businesses to the area; 2) to assist existing industries in their expansion needs; 3) to manage programs and activities designed to enhance the area’s marketability, workforce development, infrastructure, international trade and industrial site development.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Excellent planning, writing and verbal skills required.
- Minimum five (5) years of increasingly responsible positions in local or regional economic development or chamber of commerce experience is preferred.
- Minimum three (3) years’ management and supervisory experience preferred
- Must relocate to Limestone County within 1 year of hire date
- Valid driver’s license and satisfactory review of background
- Develops and implements strategies, policies, and initiatives to promote economic development
- Establishes programs to attract new businesses and to retain and expand existing businesses
- Identifies potential sites and locations in the county for business location and/expansion and infrastructure needs to stimulate the growth of the business community
- Analyzes economic development trends to assist in development goals
- Meets directly with business representatives in order to promote opportunities within the county for business location/expansion
- Works collaboratively with county/local municipality planners and other staff to address the needs of developers, business owners, and other organizations for development or redevelopment
- Maintains continuous engagement with national, state, county and local organizations, agencies, boards and authorities involved in economic development and related activities
- Keeps board of directors and designated others fully and accurately informed concerning work progress, including present and potential work problems and suggestions for new or improved ways of addressing such problems
- Attends meetings, conferences, workshops, and training sessions and reviews publications and audio-visual materials to become and remain current on principles, practices, and new developments in assigned work areas
- Responds to citizens’ questions and comments in a courteous and timely manner
- Communicates and coordinates regularly with appropriate others to maximize the effectiveness and efficiency of the organization
- Actively promotes LCEDA through social media platforms