Alexander City Chamber of Commerce
P.O. Box 926
Alexander City, AL 35011
Position Announcement for President & CEO
The Alexander City Chamber of Commerce is seeking candidates for the position of President & CEO. Responsibilities include managing all internal operations of the Chamber of Commerce and Chamber Foundation, including all administrative and fiscal duties. Develops, manages and implements program of work as identified in the chamber’s strategic plan and maintains accountability to its Investors for ROI. Responsibilities include transparency to and empowerment from the chamber Board of Directors to provide growth to the organization fiscally and through business development while maintaining its position as the voice of business for the community.
Areas of management include: All special events and fundraising activities; membership retention and expansion; Ambassadors & Jr. Ambassador programs; governmental affairs; marketing & public relations functions; commercial & retail economic development; Leadership Lake Martin coordinator; manage the Gateway to Education Scholarship Program and other foundation activities.
Candidates must possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Public Relations or Business Administration and at least five years work experience in a supervisory position. Experience with non-profit management, accounting, and fundraising is preferred.
1. EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree required. Bachelors in Public Relations, Marketing, or Business Administration preferred.
2. EXPERIENCE: Five years of progressive management responsibility in business administration, nonprofit/association management, or public relations required. Chamber experience is helpful but not required.
3. LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, AND/OR REGISTRATIONS: None
4. EQUIPMENT, TOOLS, WORK AIDS: Computer equipment, including Microsoft Office. Knowledge of QuickBooks or similar bookkeeping software preferred. Familiarity with budgeting and forecasting. Outside travel required.
5. SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS: a keen understanding of the dynamics of running a successful membership based organization. Experience in special events and fundraising endeavors. A keen understanding of governmental affairs as it relates to local, state and national levels. A comfort level with general business knowledge as it relates to retail and commercial business. Strong business ethics.
Send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com