The Boaz Area Chamber of Commerce is accepting applications for the position of President.
Reports to Board of Directors
- The President is the chief executive and administrative officer of the Boaz Area Chamber of Commerce and is accountable for all organizational activities of the chamber, including but not limited to: program initiatives; membership recruitment, development and retention; training and supervision of staff; total fiscal responsibilities within agreed upon financial resources; and developing and maintain a collaborative working relationship between the Boaz Area Chamber of Commerce and business and public policy/governmental organizations, other area chambers and other area organizations to foster a strong business environment for the members and business community at-large.
- Must be a proven, results-oriented leader who motivates and coordinates the Chamber’s volunteer leaders and staff in championing local business interests, growing the economy and identifying new program opportunities that address issues of importance in Boaz and surrounding
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and other Characteristics:
- Strong political acumen in this apolitical position with an ability to tactfully work with differing opinions, build consensus, represent chamber members individually and collectively and have strong interpersonal skills that engender confidence .
- Excellent communication skills, including written, oral and listening skills, public speaking in large and small groups, representing the chamber in both print and broadcast interviews and attention to a multitude of detail.
- Ability to create strategic public/privite partnerships, including building alliances with a wide range of constituencies and influencers that include business leaders, entrepreneurs, investors, elected officials, school system, and the
- Passionate enthusiasm and desire to help the organization reach its
- A strong understanding of what a chamber of commerce or similar membership-driven organization is and the ability to work with a wide variety of people.
- Skilled in identifying opportunities and creating strategies, with proven ability to initiate, nurture and develop ongoing productive relationships and to craft win-win outcomes in knitting together appropriate
- Global perspective, with ability to identify opportunities that can translate into success for the Chamber’s member businesses and
- Career track of progressive, document-able accomplishments in increasingly complex operations/administrative/executive leadership roles in a Chamber of Commerce, economic development organization or similar enterprise. Experience earned in a not for profit environment not required but will be considered a A proven business professional with record of established successful executive leadership of a major organization, or an outstanding leader with record of accomplishment s in public service will be given full consideration.
- Track record of successfully facilitating and nurturing effective communications in keeping key stakeholders apprised of financial and operational
- Marketing savvy, business acumen, and creativity, and background and skills to work collaboratively with marketing consultants and staff to enhance public
- Skilled at leveraging all forms of media from print to internet application and Social Media, with experience at targeting and orchestrating media venues to gain attention and develop interest in the Boaz Area Chamber of Commerce’s events as well as day to day activities, to ensure consistent positive press and public
- At least five years’ experience as a successful leader with business acumen or a success field deemed appropriate for the position. Chamber and/or other non-profit management is. preferred.
- Must have proven communication skills and be able to effectively deal with volunteers, public officials, educators, and the
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products as well as database technology and Quick
- Demonstrated knowledge of social media marketing to include: email marketing, Facebook and Twitter.
- Excellent planning, writing and public speaking skills
- Demonstrated ability to positively affect change and manage balanced budgets in a business/non-profit/membership-driven or comparable
- Bachelor’s Degree or above and specialized training in Chamber of Commerce or association management and economic development is
Employee will be expected to reside in the state of Alabama, within the service area of the Boaz Area Chamber of Commerce.
Salary is to commensurate with experience.
To apply email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org