JOB POSTING MANAGER OF PROGRAMS & EVENTS/Opelika Chamber of Commerce Reports To President of the Opelika Chamber of Commerce Job Overview The Programs and Events Manager coordinates all aspects of events and programs, from inception to completion, for the Opelika Chamber. The Chamber has over 100+ events in a year including monthly networking events, ribbon cuttings, educational seminars and luncheons and other special events and programs as created. The Programs and Events Manager is also responsible for assisting with all committees of the Chamber and promoting and representing the Chamber in a positive manner to the business community. The Programs and Events Manager will be expected to reside within the Opelika Chamber service area.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Plans and executes monthly networking events such as Business After Hours, Business Over Breakfast, New Members Breakfast and other member events.
• Serves as the lead staff person in managing all on-going committees and is responsible for the logistics surrounding all committee/task force meetings including but not limited to: meeting notifications, meeting room set-up, nametags, meeting notes & minutes and distribution of meeting packets.
• Works with the Director of Membership to plan and execute Ribbon Cuttings for businesses.
• Supports the implementation of the 20 Under 40 program and the Young Leaders program.
• Supports the President in the planning of the Annual Meeting including but not limited to helping with registrations, seating arrangements, catering, signage, table signs, nametags and other items as required.
• Plans and executes the annual golf tournament and works with the planning committee to ensure a successful tournament.
• Plans and executes the annual Christmas reception includes decorating the Chamber for the holidays and securing arrangements for refreshments.
• Responsible for a host of different events including but not limited to the Legislative Reception, Past Chairman’s Luncheon, Women’s Business Council events etc.
• Negotiates pricing and locations for programs and events to include facilities, catering, entertainment and any other services needed.
• Coordinate speakers, event locations, registration, photographers, signage for all events.
• Supports event and program execution for any programs and events managed by other staff members as needed.
• The Programs and Events Manager will serve as staff support for all Chamber events, retail promotions, fundraisers, seminars, membership campaigns, trade shows, retreats, social events, and special meetings as directed by the President.
• The Programs and Events Manager should have the knowledge and be proficient in the use of the following computer programs: MS Office Word, Excel, Publisher, Adobe Suite, Google applications, web-based communications tools, and social media outlets. The Chamber uses ChamberMaster as a CRM and Constant Contact as their email marketing software and the Programs and Events Manager should have working knowledge or be willing to learn these platforms.
• Other duties assigned by the Chamber President.
Relationship development, networking, teamwork and an entrepreneurial approach to problem-solving to achieve positive outcomes are skills expected of all Chamber staff members. In addition, the successful Manager of Program and Events is a highly organized, detail-oriented person who thrives in a fast-paced atmosphere where flexibility and adaptability are keys to success. Excelling in this position requires an individual that is at ease with managing multiple programs and events at one time. The preferred candidate must have a bachelor’s degree plus three years’ experience in program or event management or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Proficiency in using Microsoft Office is essential, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. The Programs and Events Manager will be expected to reside within the Opelika Chamber service area. Evening events are common.
Applicants must include a cover letter explaining why the candidate is a great fit for the job, a resume, and a synopsis of at least 2 projects/events managed to completion. Combine documents into one .pdf file in the following sequence: (1) Cover letter, (2) Resume and (3) Synopsis of at least 2 programs or events managed.
SUBMIT ALL MATERIALS BY September 7, 2018, to the following email: email@example.com
No Phone Calls Please