The Chamber, Gadsden & Etowah County
Job Title: Marketing & Operations Manager
Provides full event management activities for all Chamber-sponsored events. Markets The Chamber and member products and programs by developing and implementing marketing and advertising campaigns and events; tracking sales data; maintaining promotional materials inventory; planning meetings and trade shows; maintaining website.
- Plans and executes annual events by identifying, assembling, and coordinating requirements; establishing contacts; developing schedules and assignments; coordinating mailing lists. Events include but are not limited to: annual meeting, legislative luncheons or breakfasts, diversity and inclusion events, Women in Business conference, Business Expo, Etowah Small Business of the Year awards, Excellence in Education awards luncheon, etc.
- Oversight and administration existing business growth and retention activities.
- Administers community initiatives.
- Assists in regional career expo initiatives.
- Assists in Leadership Etowah program as needed, plans and administers graduation ceremony.
- Implements marketing and advertising campaigns with the assistance of the President; preparing marketing and advertising strategies, plans, and objectives; planning and organizing promotional presentations; updating calendars.
- Oversee editorial, graphic design and development of advertisements and publications, including annual member directory magazine, website content, periodic press releases, quarterly activity reports, annual report, etc. and assist, as needed, with blog.
- Plans and executes social media marketing.
- Coordinates media buys and relative products (radio spots, advertising design, etc.)
- Keeps promotional materials ready; inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Supports sales staff by designing and providing program collateral, new product information; relaying customer services requests.
- Researches competitive products by identifying and evaluating product characteristics and pricing; maintaining research databases.
- Monitors budgets by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading trade publications.
- Assists President in public relations.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to work competently in teams an independently without direct supervision
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Adobe Illustrator, Premiere and InDesign
- Ability to develop new ideas, concepts and solutions and bring them to fruition
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or equivalent work experience
- Comprehension of direct marketing, market segmentation, marketing research, coordination, project management, reporting research results
- Ability to Write in AP Style
Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
To apply send resume to:
Fax or E-mail:
(256) 543-9887 or email@example.com Attention: Human Resources
1 Commerce Square
Gadsden, AL 35901