The Hoover Area Chamber of Commerce is actively seeking a Membership Development Manager. This person will be responsible for sales of new memberships to increase membership growth, retention of existing members and assisting to secure sponsorship and financial support for the Chamber. This position reports to the Executive Director of the Chamber. This person must be able to perform assigned duties with minimal supervision. Candidates must have a positive attitude and have the capability to be personable, organized and demonstrate success in developing and executing a strategic membership sales plan designed to increase and retain membership.
- Responsible for all activities related to recruiting new members and sustaining existing members of the Hoover Area Chamber of Commerce.Sales – Prepare sales packages, receive list of new businesses from city, and make cold calls and follow-up calls
- Present new member application and changes in membership information to Administrative Assistant per the office financial and new member procedures.
- Encourage membership participation in chamber events and committees.
- Retention – follow up contact with current members on a regular basis to ensure renewals will be made at the appropriate time.
- Respond to calls and visits from members and prospects.
- Assist in the coordination of special events throughout year.
- Assist with membership benefit functions such as Business after Hours, Coffee & Contacts and Luncheons, etc.
- Represent Chamber at city events such as Celebrate Hoover, Mayor’s Prayer Breakfast, Taste of Hoover, and any other city event where Chamber presence is needed.
- Represent the Chamber of Commerce to members and prospects in a professional manner.
- Assist at chamber events such as Coffee & Contacts, Business after Hours, and luncheons, but also help in planning or assisting in Planning Session, Golf Tournament, Legislative Reception, any future events such as a Business Showcase, Job Fair, etc.
- Enhance the relationship between the Chamber and the local community.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Undergraduate level degree in Business or related field preferred.
- Three to five years’ experience in sales; Chamber or association experience preferred.
- Ideally, this candidate would have previous not- for- profit and fundraising experience.
- Must be results oriented and be accountable for measurable sales goals.
- Must have strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office and Excel. Familiarity with database management is preferred.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, good decision-making skills and excellent interpersonal, organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills. Must be a self-starter and must be able to work well in and contribute to a team environment.
- Must be able to portray a professional image within the organization and with the public through conduct, attitude and dress. Has frequent contacts with Chamber leadership, chamber membership, community leaders and elected officials. Maintains a professional demeanor and provides accurate, timely information to all contacts.
- Must be available for Chamber and Community events outside of normal business hours. Mileage will be reimbursed at the IRS approved rate for use of personal vehicle for job related or out of town travel.
- Requires normal physical stamina.
Salary commensurate with experience. The Hoover Area Chamber of Commerce offers the following benefits:
- Medical and Dental Insurance.
- Participation in a Simple IRA
- Vacation and Sick Time are available after a 90 Day Probationary Period.
To apply for this position; please email your resume and past job experience along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, August 31, 2018 at 5:00 pm. Any interests received after that date will not be considered. No Phone Calls Please.