Job Title: Office and Event Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Responsibilities: To support the vision and mission of the Homewood Chamber of Commerce to maximize the potential of commerce and community, the Office and Event Manager is responsible for ensuring an efficient office environment and quality Chamber events servicing the Homewood community.
Duties and Expectations:
• Providing administrative assistance, such as writing and editing e-mails, drafting memos, and preparing communications on the executive’s behalf
• Maintaining comprehensive and accurate records
• Performing minor accounting duties
• Organizing meetings, including scheduling, sending reminders, and organizing catering when necessary
• Answering phone calls in a polite and professional manner
• Welcoming visitors and identifying the purpose of their visit before directing them to the appropriate department
• Managing the executive’s calendar, including making appointments and prioritizing the most sensitive matters
• Purchasing and coordinating office supplies and needs.
• Assisting with planning and executing events including the Chamber’s Monthly Luncheons, Networking Events, Shopping Events and fundraising events.
• Establishing and maintaining relationships with vendors and venues
• Planning event details and aspects, including seating, dining and guests
• Creating reliable financial reports and collecting payments on time
• Remaining under budget with all costs
• Managing events and addressing potential problems that may arise
• Planning for potential scenarios that could impact the integrity of the event
• Maintaining a working knowledge of the complex needs of a wide variety of events
The successful candidate will preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree. The successful
candidate must be organized and self-motivated with the ability to work
independently or as part of a team with an excellent attitude and will present a professional appearance and welcoming customer service skills. The candidate must demonstrate outstanding written and oral communication skills, including professional telephone protocols, and must be proficient in Microsoft Office product including Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Experience with Constant Contact, WordPress and ChamberMaster a plus.
Physical Demands: Must be able to stand or sit for extended periods of time and lift at least 30 pounds with availability to work evenings or weekends as needed to support special events.
Work Environment Majority of duties will be performed in and from the
Chamber’s office during regular business hours. Travel and work off-site will be required, as well as occasional work on evenings, weekends and/or holidays.
Position will remain open until a successful candidate is found.
Submit resume, compensation requirements and references to