Job Title: Community Relations and Marketing Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Full-time Employment; Part-Time Negotiable
Responsibilities: To support the vision and mission of the Homewood Chamber of Commerce to maximize the potential of commerce and community, the Community Relations and Marketing Director is responsible for developing, implementing, and executing all aspects of an integrated marketing plan while working to maintain and enhance the positive image of the Chamber in the Homewood community through active Member engagement and outstanding customer service.
Duties and Expectations:
- Develop and manage the Chamber’s Marketing and Communications Plan
- Maintain and grow all Chamber Social Media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Publish weekly electronic newsletter, Chamber Connections
- Responsible for the production of all Chamber graphics, including but not limited to: event signage, posters, digital media, etc.
- Manage branding and marketing for Chamber events including Taste of Homewood, The Homewood Chamber Golf Classic, Downtown shopping events and all Holiday events
- Responsible for the production and development of the Chamber’s Annual Report
- Ensure all Member Documents are branded correctly and kept up-to-date
- Work with the Executive Director to maintain the Chamber’s website
- Ensure the Chamber is properly branded to the public
- Manage the Chamber’s Ambassador program, including:
- Engaging with active Ambassadors to enhance the program
- Keeping track of Ambassador points earned throughout the year
- Working alongside the Ambassador chair to strategize potential threats and growth opportunities for the program
- Plan and manage the Chamber’s Networking events
- Produce all Chamber Press Releases and engage with local news sources to promote Chamber events
- Manage and support logistical items for Monthly Membership Luncheons and other Chamber events
- Assist the City of Homewood with programs as directed including We Love Homewood Day, Patriot’s Day, and any other community events
- Responsible for correspondence for new and renewing Members
- Responsible for correspondence to the membership and other subscribing parties concerning all Chamber events
- Work alongside the Executive Director and Alliance Publishing in production of Homewood Magazine
- Work with the Executive Director to perform event-related tasks and office duties
The successful candidate will hold a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Marketing, Journalism/Mass Communications, Public Relations, Business or a related field. The successful candidate must be organized and self-motivated with the ability to work independently or as part of a team, and will present a professional appearance and excellent customer service skills. The candidate must demonstrate outstanding written and oral communication skills, including professional telephone protocols, and must be proficient in Microsoft Office products including Word, PowerPoint and Excel, as well as Adobe InDesign and Photoshop. Experience with Constant Contact, WordPress and ChamberMaster a plus. Must be able to stand or sit for extended periods of time and lift at least 30 pounds with availability to work evenings or weekends as needed to support special events.
Submit resume, salary requirements and references no later than February 15th, 2019 to email@example.com. Please specify if looking for full time or part time employment.