The Headland Area Chamber of Commerce is accepting applications for the position of Executive Director.
- Under minimal supervision, the Executive Director is responsible for the organization’s consistent achievement of its mission and financial objectives. The Director initiates programs, which promote activities to advance the general welfare and prosperity of the Headland area and ensure the business community will prosper and grow. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- The development, execution, and documentation of Chamber projects for the Headland area.
- Oversee fund raising programs with the help of the board of directors and volunteers.
- Represent the community locally, regionally and nationally.
- Foster a healthy working relationship with the city, county and Headland Main Street.
- Communicate effectively the issues confronting business and property owners, public agencies, and community organizations
- Promote the Chamber of Commerce and its members.
- Plan regular events with the Board members/committees by identifying, assembling and coordinating requirements, establishing contacts, developing schedules and assignments, promoting events, coordinating mailing lists and setup and breakdown of events.
Candidates must be an energetic, personable, organized and demonstrate success in developing and executing the mission of the Chamber. Other qualifications include:
- College degree preferred. Previous experience in a Chamber of Commerce. (Degree and experience in at least one of the following fields: business, public relations, communications, finance, event planning or related field.)
- Being entrepreneurial, enthusiastic, creative, well organized, self-motivated, and capable of functioning effectively in an independent environment.
- Sound time management skills, leadership skills, interpersonal skills, and a high level of professionalism
- Strong verbal communication skills. This position requires communication with Headland area citizens, business, city government leaders, and area media. Verbal communication duties may include public speaking, fund raising, membership drives, and early morning television interviews, and on location interviews.
- Strong written communication skills. Written communication includes emails, newsletters, brochures, social media posts, letters, and requests for information, quotations or proposals.
- Ability to work with Microsoft Office Suite, Excel Spread sheets, Microsoft Publisher, QuickBooks, Chamber Master, Power Point and others as needed.
- Knowledge of budgeting and record keeping.
- Fund raising experience
- Available to work a flexible schedule for special events, Chamber business meetings and continuing education training.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com Attn: Pete Crews no later than October 29, 2019.