The Monroeville/Monroe County Chamber of Commerce will be taking application for an Executive Director. The Executive Director has primary responsibility for leadership of the activities of the Chamber, insuring that its vision, mission and objectives are achieved. This position reports to the Executive Committee of the Chamber’s Board of Directors and must establish a good working relationship with the balance of the Chamber Board of Directors, City/County government representatives, as well as providing leadership to Chamber staff and volunteers in accomplishing the goals and objectives of the organization.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics:
- A proven track record of managerial success through well-developed leadership and organizational skills; well-developed and proven program organizational and program design skills.
- Strong political acumen in this position with the ability to tactfully work with differing opinions build consensus, represent chamber members individually and collectively and have strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills, including written, oral and listening skills, public speaking in large and small groups, representing the chamber in print and broadcast interviews and attention to a multitude of detail.
- Technical ability to develop advertising messages, and oversight of website content and social media messages.
- Serves as the organization’s primary liaison with the public sector and with major trade and professional organizations. Acts as the primary spokesman for the organization and represents the officers, Board and membership in this capacity.
- Responsible for oversight of chamber budget.
- Responsible for supervising office staff and volunteers.
- Ability to create strategic public/private partnerships, including building alliances with a wide range of constituencies and influencers that include business leaders, entrepreneurs, investors, elected officials and the media.
- Passionate enthusiasm and desire to help the organization achieve its goals.
- A person of integrity who is a proven organizer and visionary with outstanding time management skills.
- A strong understanding of what a chamber of commerce or similar membership-driven organization is and the ability to work with a wide variety of people.
- Personally visits Chamber members on a regular basis for the purpose of building goodwill and gathering information to address member needs.
- College graduate with some work experience preferred.
- At least five years experience as a successful leader, with business acumen.
- Chamber and/or other non-profit management, or related field experience, is preferred.
- Must have proven communication skills, and be able to deal effectively with volunteers, public officials, and the general public. Excellent planning, writing and verbal skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to positively manage change and manage balanced budgets in a business/membership-driven or comparable organization.
- Ability to be self motivated and to work effectively without direct supervisions.
- Successful completion of a background check.
The Monroeville/Monroe County Chamber of Commerce is a membership organization whose mission is to welcome visitors, promote the business community and work to improve the quality of life in the Monroe County area. The chamber was established in Monroeville in 1928, and currently has over 200 members.
To apply for this position email a resume to email@example.com