EXECUTIVE VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Madison Chamber of Commerce
103 Park Square Lane, Madison, AL35758
The Madison Chamber of Commerce is an equal opportunity employer.
Position Title: Executive Director
Organization: Madison Chamber of Commerce
Minimum Education Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree
Minimum Experience Required: 10 years; minimum of 5 years management
Salary Range: $60,000-$70,000
Minimum Criteria for Candidates:
- Strong public speaking skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Minimum 3 years experience in business development, public relations or related field.
- Demonstrated and proven leadership abilities.
Preferred Criteria for Candidates:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Broad knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Skilled in fundraising and events management.
- Experience in securing grants and other creative revenue streams.
- Knowledge building and managing a budget of a minimum of $100,000.
The future of the Madison Chamber of Commerce is a bright one to be led by a visionary leader capable of leading and expanding the programs and services offered. The successful candidate must possess the ability to build upon past successes and guide the Chamber into the future. The Executive Director will lead the Chamber and be uniquely position to champion the Chamber mission throughout Madison and the surrounding areas.
- Advocate our Vision and Create Awareness: Be the heart and soul of the operation and actively interact and communicate with Chamber members, community constituents and staff. Create a culture of excellence within the Chamber and act as an ambassador for the mission and vision within the community. Be seen as a respected community leader while always upholding the highest standards of the Chamber.
- Improve Programming and Drive Membership: Increase the visibility, marketing and awareness of the Chamber and its programs and services by developing a marketing strategy. Develop new approaches and activities to create value for Chamber members. Augment programs and services to reflect the local community’s needs and desires.
- Improve Operating Performance: Work with the board and appropriate staff to develop an annual tactical plan for achieving key Chamber goals and objectives. Remain fully informed of all operational issues and have the keen ability to quickly address any issues that may arise as well as forecast future needs. Evaluate the cost structure and implement plans to align revenues and expenses. Identify areas of improvement and implement/make changes when necessary.
- Implement the Strategic Plan. Develop a plan of action to address any specific areas that are in need of enrichment or development including, but not limited to, setting priorities, enhancing the operation, increasing marketing and awareness, and the continued enhancement of programs and services. Present quarterly reports to the board on progress of meeting strategic initiatives.
- Lead and Develop the Staff Team: Create a plan to build unity, encourage teamwork, set operational goals tied to the strategic plan, hold staff accountable, and foster individual staff development. Lead by example, remain actively engaged in staff development and performance, for the purpose of achieving and sustaining superior results in programs and member satisfaction. Evaluate the current strengths and weaknesses of all key staff and create a plan for individual staff development.
Operating Budget Size: $300,000 +
Total Number of Board Members: 11
Number of Staff: 3
Number of Ambassadors: 25
Candidates must submit the following in order to be considered: A resume, cover letter, and three professional references. Only electronic submissions will be accepted. NOTE: Each of the final applicants will be vetted and their personal references contacted along with a background ground check to include credit report check and drug screen. Please email complete application to email@example.com.
Questions about this search process may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org, search committee chair.
The deadline for submissions is Friday, October 3, 2014.