Position Description: Chambers County Chamber of Commerce Executive Director
Reports To: Executive Board
The Chamber Executive Director directs all planning to carry out chamber objectives and implement chamber policy, as established by the Board.
This executive position is accountable for the effective and efficient operation of all organizational activities of the chamber, including but not limited to: program initiatives; membership recruitment, development and retention; training and supervision of volunteers and program participants; certain fiscal responsibilities as dictated by the executive board; developing and maintaining a collaborative working relationship between the Chambers County Chamber of Commerce and business, public policy/governmental organizations, other regional chambers and other regional organizations to foster a strong business environment for the members.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS:
- A proven track record of managerial success through well-developed leadership and organizational skills resulting in achievement of goals; well-developed and proven organizational and program design skills.
- Excellent communication skills, including written, oral and listening skills, public speaking in large and small groups, representing the chamber in both print and broadcast interviews and attention to a multitude of detail.
- Must be a resident of Chambers County, Alabama or West Point, Georgia; or be willing to relocate to said area.
- Technical ability to advertise/manage social media pages/campaigns and website content.
- Serves as the organization’s primary liaison with the public sector and with major trade and professional organizations. Acts as the primary spokesperson for the organization and represents the officers, Board and membership in this capacity.
- Responsible for maintaining financial records and accounts, to include collection efforts when necessary.
- Ability to create strategic public/private partnerships, including building alliances with a wide range of constituencies and influencers that include business leaders, entrepreneurs, investors, elected officials and the media.
- Passionate enthusiasm and desire to help the organization reach its goals along with the ability to work with a wide variety of people.
- Personally visits Chamber members on a regular basis for the purpose of building goodwill and gathering information to address member needs.
Candidate must have at least five years experience as a successful leader, with business acumen. Ability to be self-motivated and work effectively without direct supervision. Chamber and/or other non-profit management, or related field experience, is preferred.
Send cover letter and resume to:
Greater Valley Area Chamber of Commerce, Attention: Board of Directors,
P.O. Box 205, Lanett, AL 36863.
No Phone Calls Please.