Position: The Eufaula Barbour County Chamber of Commerce is accepting resumes for the Executive Director. This position is the leader of the Chamber, establishing and leading the organization’s strategic plan and vision. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for the management, activation, and execution of all areas of need for the Chamber. The Executive Director also has an overall strategic and operational responsibility of the Chamber’s staff, programs, expansion, and execution of its mission as well as development and recruiting new members.
This position oversees day to day operations. Candidates must possess the ability to lead and inspire employees and work directly with the Board of Directors, members, volunteers, and local agencies and governments to carry out the organization’s vision and mission. The candidate must be organized and a self-starter, with experience in recruiting, planning, delegating, and program development. The candidate must have the ability to work collaboratively with other organizations striving to enhance Barbour County and the resources for life in the region. Experience managing a budget and maintaining positive relationships with members and all individuals involved with carrying out our goals.
Salary/Benefits: To be determined based upon education, experience, and other determining factors. Base Salary with benefits with growth potential.
Qualifications: Candidate must have a minimum of three years’ experience as a successful leader, with business acumen and the ability to be self-motivated and work effectively without direct supervision. Chamber or other non-profit management, or related field experience, is preferred. Concrete demonstrable experience and other qualifications include:
- A bachelor’s degree is required for this position
- Excellent communication skills, including written, oral and listening skills, public speaking in large and small groups, representing the chamber effectively to diverse groups of constituents
- Proficient user knowledge of computer operation and systems, specifically including MS Office products
- Strong time management skills
- Good organizational and people skills
- Ability to plan, organize, lead, delegate, and monitor
- Ability to cold call and sell Chamber products
- Ability to manage a budget and analyze departmental performance
- A resident of Barbour County or the willingness to relocate to Barbour County
- Ability to travel and to work evening and weekend events as needed
To apply: Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Resumes will be accepted through Friday, August 31, 2018.