The Decatur-Morgan County Chamber of Commerce is now accepting applications for the position of Director of Workforce Development.
- Five (5) years of full-time work experience in the maritime, construction, healthcare and advanced manufacturing industry sectors is desired.
- Experience collecting, analyzing and reporting complex data is required.
- Experience in workforce development, economic development, or industry training is preferred.
- Experience in working with educational institutions and programs is preferred.
- Prior involvement with workforce initiatives, industry clusters and civic organizations is preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Skilled Trades and use of the associated equipment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively use organizational and planning skills, with attention to detail and follow through.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, develop, and implement innovative partnerships with business and industry in the community to foster a supportive economic development environment, including contract and community education.
- Assess community needs and develop partnerships and other collaborative relationships with business/industry, government agencies, and other entities.
- Develop partnerships and coordinate with external agencies to develop opportunities for students that expand the workforce; ensure positive relationships are built and maintained.
Applicants will be considered based on education and applicable experience. Salary and benefits are competitive and negotiable.
Contact John Seymour 256.353.5312 or email@example.com