Please reference the chamber of commerce job announcement for Alabama:
Director of Economic Development
Prattville Area Chamber of Commerce, Prattville, Alabama
The Prattville Area Chamber of Commerce and the Economic Development Committee are seeking qualified candidates for the position of Director of Economic Development who will organize and lead business recruitment, existing industry retention and expansion and project management liaison activities that support commercial, office and industrial development in Prattville and Autauga County, Alabama. Responsibilities include the facilitation of development, redevelopment and maintenance of business and industrial parks, facilities and infrastructure, the retention and attraction of domestic and international businesses, the coordination of marketing activities related to publications, advertising and website data and providing assistance with activities related to the procurement of grants for industrial park infrastructure. The incumbent will coordinate with local, county, state and federal elected officials, private developers, engineering and construction firms and others to develop and maintain property and projects that meet economic development goals in Prattville and Autauga County.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in economic development, marketing, public or business administration, or a related field is required
- Minimum of ten (10) years of professional experience with an emphasis in economic development, public or commercial development, project management or marketing is required
- Completion of ED Institute and certification is preferred
- Current member of and active in ED related organizations is required
- Demonstrated success of recruitment and retention of businesses in communities of past service is required
- Experience working independently and without close supervision is required
- Experience with a variety of computer applications including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office Software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook is required
- Experience in managing economic development projects is preferred
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter and resume’ to Prattville Chamber Economic Development Search Committee, 210 Medical Center Dr., Prattville, AL 36066, or firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 5 p.m. on Monday, March 17, 2014. NOTE: When submitting cover letter and resume’ by e-mail, please put in the subject line, Prattville Chamber Economic Development.
Salary is negotiable and will be commensurate with experience.
To review the complete position description, click here .