COMMUNITY AND ORGANIZATION OVERVIEW
Do you want to live, work and play in a vibrant, family friendly community and be a part of helping it continue to grow?
Cullman is a place of abundant natural beauty where rich history of the past meets the dynamic growth of the future. Situated in the heart of North Alabama, Cullman County is a growing community with a family feeling. Growth in the area has been fueled by new and expanding industries locating and growing in the area, a vibrant retail, restaurant and entertainment sector along with top ranked schools.
The Cullman Area Chamber of Commerce is “Converging for Success” through a plan to fuel economic growth and quality of life. This plan and the organization are fueled with strong and growing business support and resources. With a rich history of almost 75 years of existence, the organization takes an active role in supporting area businesses, fueling tourism in the area and driving leadership growth in the community.
To learn more about the Cullman area and the Chamber of Commerce, we hope you will visit these links:
The Director of Community Planning and Development will be responsible for driving the mission of identifying unmet community needs and convening and collaborating with Cullman area community partners to provide solutions to current and future quality of life challenges affecting Cullman County.
This is an exciting opportunity for a forward-thinking, self-motivated and collaboration-driven leader with the vision to design a plan and the ability and passion to implement such a plan in order to meet and exceed desired outcomes.
- Work with others to establish the Cullman area as a quality business and career destination through a media/marketing initiative that promotes Cullman County as a “live, raise a family, work, play community”.
- Support the “plan in progress” to market walkable, livable downtowns within Cullman County.
- Work with the Housing Task Group to create and implement a plan to remedy the affordable housing gap.
- Encourage development of downtown core areas of Cullman and Hanceville to assist in renewing and strengthening those areas.
- Identifying state and federal grants available to financially aid in the accomplishment of overall community goals.
- A Bachelor’s Degree public or business administration, urban or community planning, real estate, economic development or a related field and/or a minimum of two years of professional experience with an emphasis in public or commercial development, construction, project management, marketing, economic/community development, business assistance and/or public/private finance.
- Experience in a position working independently.
- Experience in a position analyzing information to solve problems.
- Experience in a position interpreting and communicating information written and orally.
- Experience in a position developing and maintaining relationships and growing partnerships.
- Experience in a position requiring negotiation skills.
- A resident of or a willingness to relocate to the Cullman area is required.
- Experience in a variety of computer applications including, but not limited to Microsoft Office Software, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint and Outlook is required.
- Experience in a position creating plans and projects and deadlines is preferred.
- Experience in grant writing and/or administration is preferred.
- Experience in a position working with the real estate sector and/or community development/planning is preferred.
In addition, applicants must be eligible to work in the United States and have a valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record. Before being hired, applicants will be required to complete a drug screen, background and credit check.
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter expressing their specific interest in the position and resume to:
Horizon Point Consulting, Inc.