COMMUNITY AND ORGANIZATION OVERVIEW
Do you want to live, work and play in a vibrant, family friendly community and be a part of helping it continue to grow?
Cullman is a place of abundant natural beauty where rich history of the past meets the dynamic growth of the future. Situated in the heart of North Alabama, Cullman County is a growing community with a family feeling. Growth in the area has been fueled by new and expanding industries locating and growing in the area, a vibrant retail, restaurant and entertainment sector along with top ranked schools.
The Cullman Area Chamber of Commerce is “Converging for Success” through a plan to fuel economic growth and quality of life. This plan and the organization are fueled with strong and growing business support and resources. With a rich history of almost 75 years of existence, the organization takes an active role in supporting area businesses, fueling tourism in the area and driving leadership growth in the community.
To learn more about the Cullman area and the Chamber of Commerce, we hope you will visit these links:
The Director of Business Development and Investor Relations will be responsible for driving the mission of developing new and enhanced business programming designed to lead the effort to identify and recruit a diverse mix of office and professional businesses, retain and grow existing business, and promote a balanced, high quality and diverse employment base throughout Cullman County.
This is an exciting opportunity for a forward-thinking, self-motivated and collaboration-driven leader with the vision to build relationships and grow the community through these relationships.
- Assist in establishing a formal communications program to interface with all Cullman area business sectors to determine and provide solutions to existing business needs to allow them to grow and thrive. This will include: facilitating quarterly input sessions, conducting annual surveys and identifying “out commuting” patterns to identify what entices residents to leave Cullman for work.
- Partner with other professional organizations to conduct seminars and workshops to provide identified education, training and problem solving for existing business owners.
- Assist the Chamber in capitalizing on Alabama Workforce Council and Region 1 Workforce Council initiatives and strategic plan that has funding in place.
- Assist in creating a business roundtable to give small businesses the opportunity to meet and share “best practices” and exchange ideas.
- Support the development of a strategy to diversify the Cullman economic base through the successful recruitment of professional business sector companies. This will entail partnering with appropriate agencies for implementation.
- Partner with other organizations, business and industry to develop workforce internships/apprenticeships that emphasize “soft communication skills” and “hard technical skills” to help prepare local workforce for the total skill set mix.
- Target and recruit three “new-to-market” professional business sector companies each year.
- Create and promote a “keep it local” campaign.
- A Bachelor’s Degree business, sales/business development, marketing, entrepreneurship, economic development, real estate, communications, pubic relations or similar area and/or minimum of two years of professional experience with an emphasis in public or commercial development, project management, marketing, workforce development, business assistance and/or public/private finance.
- Experience in a position working independently.
- Experience in a position analyzing information to solve problems.
- Experience in a position interpreting and communicating information written and orally.
- Experience in a position developing and maintaining and growing relationships to foster mutual goals.
- A resident of or a willingness to relocate to the Cullman area is required.
- Experience in a position requiring negotiation skills.
- Experience in a variety of computer applications including, but not limited to Microsoft Office Software, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint and Outlook is required.
- Experience owning, running and/or promoting a business is preferred.
- Experience in position facilitating trainings, meetings, focus groups and/or roundtables is preferred.
- Experience in a position working with private developers is preferred.
In addition, applicants must be eligible to work in the United States and have a valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record. Before being hired, applicants will be required to complete a drug screen, background and credit check.
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter expressing their specific interest in the position and resume to:
Horizon Point Consulting, Inc.