The Selma and Dallas County Chamber of Commerce will be taking applications for a Destination and Marketing Coordinator.
This is a full-time position that will support the tourism function for the Chamber of Commerce. The position assists the Executive Director with all aspects of the Chamber marketing, to include digital media, design and creative content development; and editing for digital media, and coordination of all social media. Also included are developing and managing in-house designs for technical aspects of the Chambers web site, calendars, e-newsletters social media, and event press releases. The position will work to support all servicing initiatives and events, including registrations, promotions, and staffing of events.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Creative and strong organizational skills.
- Willingness to be a part of an enthusiastic and productive team.
- Able and willing to travel frequently. Some travel will be required.
- Four-year degree preferred form and academic institution in public relations, journalism, marketing, communications, or equivalent experience.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills.
- strong computer proficiencies in all relevant software and web-based applications, digital and social media platforms, and photography.
- Extensive knowledge of the history of Selma and Dallas County.
- Event management and coordination experience preferred.
- Must possess the ability to lift, carry, push and pull materials and objects weight up to 25 pounds.
Click Here for Complete Job Description
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to:
Or mail to Attn: Sheryl Smedley, Executive Director, Selma and Dallas County Chamber of Commerce and Tourism Information, 912 Selma Ave., Selma, AL 36701