Demopolis Area Chamber of Commerce is accepting applications for the position of Executive Director.
Closing on: February 21, 2020
The Executive Director initiates programs, which promote activities to advance the general welfare and prosperity of the Demopolis area and ensures the business community will prosper and grow. Other duties are as follows:
• The Executive Director shall serve as the chief administrative and executive officer.
• Shall be responsible for administration of the program of work in accordance with the policies and regulations of the Board of Directors.
• Is responsible for directing and supervising all employees. The Executive Director is responsible for hiring and discharging employees with Executive Committee approval.
• Director is responsible for the preparation of an operating budget covering all activities of the chamber, subject to approval of the Board of Directors. The Executive Director shall also be responsible for all expenditures with approved budget allocations.
• Be responsible for safeguarding of all funds received by the chamber and for their proper disbursement.
• Represent the community locally and regionally and foster working relationships with local leaders.
• Communicate effectively the issues confronting business and property owners, public agencies, and community organizations.
REQUIREMENTS: Candidates must be an energetic, personable, organized and demonstrate success in developing and executing the mission of the Chamber. Other qualifications include:
• College degree preferred. Previous experience in a Chamber of Commerce. (Degree and experience in at least one of the following fields: business, public relations, communications, finance, event planning or related field.)
• Be entrepreneurial, enthusiastic, creative, well organized, self-motivated, and capable of functioning effectively in an independent environment.
• Sound time management skills, leadership skills, interpersonal skills, and a high level of professionalism
• Strong verbal communication skills. This position requires communication with Demopolis area citizens, business, city government leaders, and area media. Verbal communication duties may include public speaking, fund raising, and membership drives.
• Strong written communication skills. Written communication includes emails, newsletters, brochures, social media posts, letters, and requests for information, quotations or proposals.
• Ability to work with Microsoft Office Suite, Excel Spread sheets, graphic design programs, QuickBooks, Power Point and others as needed.
• Knowledge of budgeting and record keeping.
• Fund raising experience
• Available to work a flexible schedule for special events, Chamber business meetings and continuing education training.
COMPENSATION: To be negotiated HIRING: Subject to interview with Board of Directors
All interested applicants should submit a current resume and cover letter to the Demopolis Area Chamber of Commerce at firstname.lastname@example.org.