The Director of Membership is responsible for the strategic direction of the organization’s growth within the membership area. The position reports directly to the Chamber’s president and CEO.
Include but not limited to the following:
- Contact, acquire and sell new Chamber memberships to businesses and organizations
- Develop objectives and research-based strategies for prospecting businesses
- Schedule appointments and personal visits with prospective companies
- Actively seeks new business leads and follows up as appropriate
- Send welcome emails to each new member
- Develop standardized reports that provide detailed information on the sales life cycle for all membership accounts
- Coordinates relocation packets, new business license reports, and membership packets
- Responsible for all member correspondence including biweekly e-blast, member surveys, and EOP content
- In collaboration with the Director of Finance and Administration, accountable for the retention of past due accounts — follow up on late accounts with letters and 30, 60, 90 day invoices
- Achieve budgeted revenue goals
- Coordinate all ribbon cuttings/groundbreakings
- Maintain Chamber Member Database
- Responsible for the development and implementation of all membership programs including, but not limited to, the Ambassador Program, and Chamber 101, 201 and 301
- In collaboration with the Director of Finance and Administration, ensure the membership packages and agreements are being fulfilled
- Write, design and/or edit member and event related material (programs, tickets, email blasts, etc.) for Chamber events
- Develop and manage membership budget in collaboration with Director of Finance
- Support Chamber’s social media strategy and publications pertaining to Membership.
- Greet visitors/provide information when needed
- Answer telephones/provide information when needed
- Carry out other professional duties as assigned by Chamber President.
Click on the link below to apply