The Chamber, Gadsden & Etowah County
Job Title: Community Strategies Manager
Facilitate and implement programs and services that support economic, community and business-led talent development in Etowah County.
- Execution of of talent development programming in direct concert of The Chamber’s economic development strategies, including but not limited to: identification and mapping of business and industry skills gaps and career ladders through a needs and resource database, career fairs, talent recruitment, and implementation of an annual workforce academy for public educators.
- Administration of public education partnerships as outlined by The Chamber’s economic development strategies, including but not limited to: building partnerships to fill resource gaps in classrooms, identifying and implementing strategies to build pipelines for top quality educators in all systems, establishing and enhancing leadership programs in K-12 and deploying recognition programs to identify and grow best practices and excellence in the classroom.
- Administration of investor relations of The Chamber’s economic development strategy, including strategy activity update visits, calls, emails and meetings.
- Serve as the direct liaison and support to East AlabamaWorks, area career coaches and public school administration, career technical program directors and industry leaders.
- Assist the President, as requested, in local and state public affairs.
- Assist staff in implementing programs and events of the organization, as needed.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading trade publications.
- Accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with an outgoing personality
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to work competently in teams and independently without direct supervision
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Ability to develop new ideas, concepts and solutions and bring them to fruition
- Maintain a high ethical standard in dealing with confidential information
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3 years of prior experience managing and developing workforce or related programs in education, government or business/industry (direct experience with business/industry preferred)
- Prior experience working with government or non-profit agencies, investor relations and career technical working knowledge highly preferred
To apply submit resume to:
Fax or E-mail:
(256) 543-9887 or email@example.com Attention: Human Resources
1 Commerce Square
Gadsden, AL 35901