Region 5 Workforce Development Council
Job Posting- Administrative Assistant
The mission of Central AlabamaWorks is to provide a direct link to the workforce needs of business and industry at the local level. The Councils are business-driven and business-led and work with their member counties to develop a comprehensive workforce development system that supports local job development activities.
Central AlabamaWorks (Region 5) serves Autauga, Bullock, Chambers, Coosa, Dallas, Elmore, Lowndes, Macon, Montgomery, Lee, Perry, Russell, and Tallapoosa counties in central Alabama.
• Complete and oversee daily office operations.
• Provide appropriate reports and documentation to all entities.
• Maintain accurate records of all Central AlabamaWorks documents and filings.
• Responsible for all book-keeping functions.
• Research and pursue potential and private workforce development grant opportunities.
• Assist with social media and website updates.
Project and Program Administration
• Assist in planning, implementing, and evaluating the organization’s programs and services in daily operations of the Council.
• Assist in the preparation, coordination, and facilitation of meetings, included, but not limited to individual, industry cluster, Board, and Council meetings. Attend as required.
• Marketing and publicize all workforce training programs.
• Communicate regularly with training providers and other resources to refer and coordinate requests appropriately.
• Assist with publicizing and promoting the workforce training programs available in Region 5.
• Assist with planning/executing events, including but not limited to the Career Expo.