Chamber of Commerce Association of Alabama
Job Description: President and CEO
The person retained as the President and CEO of the Chamber of Commerce Association of Alabama will possess the following qualifications and perform the duties listed below.
The President and CEO should possess a Bachelor’s degree as well as at least five years experience in either a CEO or senior management role for a Chamber or a statewide Association. Should be well versed in association management, leadership development, and able to represent the Association ably at all levels through excellent spoken and written communication.
1. Manage the day-to-day operations of the Chamber of Commerce Association of Alabama, including financial management, membership development, and operational details. In addition, fundraising, sponsorship, and development responsibilities are essential and required.
2. The CCAA office is physically headquartered in Montgomery, Alabama. Remote and offsite work is flexible with a required expectation of regularly scheduled travel to the physical office location.
3. Provide, through the auspices of the Chamber of Commerce Association of Alabama, training opportunities for Chamber CEO’s and staff, as directed by the Board of Directors and Executive Committee.
4. Represent the Chamber of Commerce Association of Alabama as its President and CEO by forming liaisons with like-minded organizations, such as the Business Council of Alabama (BCA), the Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives (ACCE), the U.S. Chamber of Commerce (USCC), and similar statewide Chamber-related associations.
5. Represent the Chamber of Commerce Association of Alabama by speaking to various groups, at their request, and serving as the media contact to provide information to the general public on issues identified by the Board of Directors.
6. Maintain consistent verbal and electronic communications with all member Chambers, as well as all associate and affiliate members.
7. Plan and administer all meetings scheduled by the Chamber of Commerce Association of Alabama.
8. Complete, with assistance of volunteer members, the Plan of Work/Action Plan as established by the Chamber of Commerce Association of Alabama’s Board of Directors.
This position reports directly to the Chairman of the Board and the Executive Committee.
Salary will be commensurate with related job experience.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements via email to: email@example.com Only electronic submissions via the email address will be accepted. No calls please.
The deadline for the submission of applications is Friday, February 12, 2021.