The CCAA Building a Better Alabama Foundation annually awards six continuing education/training scholarships. To be considered, this application must be returned by February 15, 2019. Only online application submissions will be accepted. Scholarship recipients will be announced following an application review.
Professional Development Conference Scholarship (two will be awarded at $225 each)
Ed Rodriguez Memorial Summer Conference Scholarship (two will be awarded at $400 each)
Board BootCamp (two will be awarded for $100 each)
Guidelines for Scholarships:
- Scholarship payment must be used for conference registration. Travel costs and other incidental expenses are the responsibility of recipient.
- Each recipient will be responsible for making his/her own travel arrangements and registering for the conference.
Objectives of the Scholarships:
- To provide funding for professional development opportunities to those who demonstrated need.
- To ensure the highest trained and prepared individuals for community and economic development in Alabama.
Criteria for selection for Scholarships:
- Scholarships will be awarded based on need.
- Applicants must be CCAA members in good standing (except for local communities with no local chamber of commerce).
- Applicants must demonstrate dedication to the profession and intent to continue in the field of community and economic development.
- Scholarships must be used for the event awarded and cannot be used for other events.
- Applicants must submit a separate application for each scholarship applied for.
Applications must be submitted by February 15, 2019.
Applications must be submitted online.