The Small Business Awards
This annual awards program presented by the Partnership of the Chamber of Commerce Association of Alabama and the Business council of Alabama recognizes the very best in Alabama small business.
The 2017 Alabama Small Business of the Year finalist will be selected from nominations made by local Alabama chambers of commerce. Alabama chambers of commerce will have opportunity to nominate one-member small business for each award category. Awards will be presented in four categories: Emerging (in business fewer than five years), Small Business of the Year ( 1-10 employees), Small Business of the Year (11-50 employees), and Small Business of the Year (51-100 employees).
The nominees will be judged in four categories: community involvement, chamber participation, business success, and overall deservedness.
In addition, one overall Small Business of the Year will be chosen from all entries to participate in the U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s Dream Big Small Business of the Year Award.
Interested in reaching our small business audience? The 2017 Alabama Small Business of the Year awards will be held in conjunction with the 2017 Annual Meeting on December 1 at the Harbert Center in Birmingham.
The Alabama Small Business of the Year awards program provides opportunities to be in front of Alabama’s small businesses, chamber executives, entrepreneurs, lawmakers and community leaders
Step 1 – Complete the following information:
- Local chamber of commerce making nomination
- Name of nominated small business
- Award category of nomination: Emerging (in business fewer than five years), Small Business of the Year (1-10 employees), Small Business of the Year (11-50 employees), or Small Business of the Year (51-100 employees).
Step 2 – Include each of the 4 broad category headings listed below in your 10 or fewer page, double-spaced, single-sided nomination narrative/submission
- Leadership and community support: Discuss how the nominated small business is a leader in the business community and supports its local community.
- Chamber involvement: Discuss how the nominated small business participates in and has a leadership role in its local chamber of commerce.
- Business Success: Discuss the customer growth and focus, industry awards, program initiatives or other reasons for the success of the nominated small business.
- Overall Deservedness: Discuss why the small business you are nominating should be named the 2017 Small Business of the Year.
Applications can be submitted beginning August 1, 2017.
Submissions for the 2017 awards are due by 5:00 p.m. CDT on September 30, 2017 to Jeremy Arthur, president and CEO, Chamber of Commerce Association of Alabama firstname.lastname@example.org.